Using Google Fonts on your website is fun and easy.
Follow the instructions below. Save your list and either email me the list or a screenshot of what you chose.
- Go to Google Fonts.
- Type preview text into the box. Type in your name, the name of your site, whatever you’d like, but remember you want to see the specific letters. You can actually type in one word, a sentence, or a paragraph, just click on the appropriate tab. All of the fonts will display using the text that you type in, so you can really get a good comparison.
- Only want a particular style of font, like handwriting? Go to the left-hand column, click the little down-arrow next to “All Categories” and select your preferences.
- When you find a font you like, click the blue “Add to Collection” button to save the font in a list.
- Your Font Collection will show up at the bottom of the page, or you can click on the blue link in the left-hand column which says “Show Collection Only”.
- We ultimately want about 3 fonts. Pick something that expresses the style of your site for your header font and for the big headlines, and another very simple font for paragaph text.
Google Fonts are designed specifically for the web, so they work in all sorts of different browsers and on mobile devices. There are classic styles and fun and fancy ones.
Click on the images below to get a full-screen view: